Thursday, May 26, 2011

Its about time...


Well what can I say...I have been a little busy of late and have had no time for blogging, the boys have been keeping me on my toes and I have had very little time to stop and smell the roses. Winter is fast approaching and I have been exceptionally slow to get the veggie garden prepped and ready for planting, but this week I have managed to get one bed organised and this is my root vegetables. I have sowed  carrots, beets, radishes and parsnips.  A month ago I made a small start on my Winter Brassicas as we had some unseasonably warm weather, all was looking good, little cabbage seedlings were standing tall and proud for a few days and then overnight they all disappeared! After some careful investigative work I found out that it is the local resident bush turkey who has been helping himself to my seedlings! So my latest bed of root veggies now has a fence around it, I will not be sharing my bounty with the local fauna. Saying that the boys just love spotting the bush turkey when he is visiting our garden, and my gorgeous Leo thought that the fence was a trap to catch the bush turkey and then he was going to take him to preschool for "Show and Tell". If only that bush turkey new what was in store for him!
Happy Gardening!

10 comments:

  1. Welcome back. I too have planted my winter crops quite late (just planted my carrots and haven't planted beetroot yet). Your garden looks lovely - I forgot how nice the shapes of your 3 raised beds are (or are they new?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your garden is doing well. I presume you are enjoying summer while we are starting to shiver here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popped by to say 'hello'. I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I doubt you're having as much rain as us. I hope we haven't got your share, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All is good with the garden, I went back to work so my poor blog has taken a sabbatical. Hopefully I will be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    ReplyDelete